What to Expect for Your Pet’s Exam
Rabbits, birds, reptiles, and small pocket pets (guinea pigs, gerbils, and hamsters) have just as many essential health care needs as dogs and cats. Our goal is to meet as many of these needs as possible, and help you give your animal companion the chance to live their healthiest, happiest life for the maximum number of years.
We recommend seeing your pet at least once a year for their wellness exam. During a typical exam, we:
- Evaluate your pet visually from head to toe
- Check for unusual lumps and bumps, cloudy eyes, inflammation, and other abnormal signs
- Check your pet’s weight, pulse, and body temperature
- Examine the teeth/beak
- Perform a blood chemistry panel to check for infection and assess organ function
- Answer all your questions and offer recommendations for nutrition, handling, habitat, sanitation, grooming, and much more
Surgeries We Can Provide for Exotic Pets
Our team can perform limited surgeries for rabbits and other exotics, including spays (for rabbits) and growth and mass removals. However, if we feel that your pet will require a more advanced procedure, we will need to refer them to an area specialist.