Our Referral Emergency Vet for After-Hours Care
Emergencies can happen late at night or in the early hours of the morning. What should you do? Contact or immediately drive to our emergency referral hospital, BluePearl Pet Hospital in Oklahoma City, to get immediate assistance. Their hospital offers 24/7 emergency services to the OKC area.
What are Signs My Pet is Having an Emergency?
Recognizing the signs of an emergency can save your pet’s life. Below are the most common situations and symptoms that warrant immediate emergency care.
- Difficulty breathing
- Hemorrhaging from a wound or from the nose, mouth, ears, or anus
- Struggling/unable to urinate or defecate
- Vomiting/diarrhea for 24 hours or more
- Stumbling, disoriented
- Fell from a high place or got hit by a car
- Had a close encounter with another dog or cat or wild animal
- Ingested/possibly ingested a toxin
- Suffered a burn injury, laceration, or bite wound
- Collapsed, is unable to stand or walk
- Sustained an injury to the eye(s)
- Running a high fever
- Panting heavily and drooling
- Has blood in stool/vomit
- Has not had food or drink for 24 hours or more